Winter is coming. These are some of the saddest lines for most people, especially for those who are uncomfortable with the extreme cold. Fortunately, in this modern age, there is a plethora of products that can be effective in providing us with a warmer temperature, such as in the case of the best space heater. The latter is an essential within the household once temperature starts to plummet. With the heat that it can generate, you will feel better!
Space heaters are available in all forms and sizes. They are made by various brands, each with the promise of being better than all others. If you are clueless about which one to choose, keep on reading the rest of this post and learn from our short best space heater reviews. We will identify some of the top picks in the market and the features that make them unrivalled.
Top Picks for the Best Space Heater
Here is a quick look at some of the best brands and models that you might want to take into consideration:
1. Lasko 754200 Ceramic Heater with Adjustable Thermostat Review
Overall Rating: 9.7/10
For budget-conscious buyers, this is one option that should not be missed. Even with a cheap price, it does not run short in terms of features. It comes with a ceramic heating element, which is long-lasting and disperses heat evenly. For versatility, you have the option to choose from high and low heat setting, as well as a fan-only mode. It has a manual control, which will allow you to adjust the thermostat based on the temperature that is desired. Best of all, it comes with protection from overheating, which will provide you with the confidence on your safety.
- Operates Quietly
- Easy to Use
- Stays Cool
- Very Basic Features
- Small Size
2. Lasko 5307 Oscillating Ceramic Tower Heater Review
Overall Rating: 9.3/10
This is a good pick for a space heater that is meant to be used for a small to medium room. Even in the bedroom, this is an excellent choice as it operates quietly. In this way, you will never be disrupted from your sleep. It is lightweight and even comes with a built-in handle for portability. For versatility, there are three settings that are available, including an option to run only its fan. You might also be delighted by the high-quality plastic housing that effectively absorbs heat. With this, it stays cool to the touch, regardless if it has been running for a long time already.
- Heats Up Quickly
- Comes Fully Assembled
- Runs Quietly
- Solid Construction
- Can Produce a Strange Smell
- No Safety Shutoff
3. Dr Infrared Heater Portable Space Heater 1500-Watt Review
Overall Rating: 9.1/10
Among other things, this is a popular choice for the best space heater because of its infrared heating mechanism, which is more efficient compared to the technology found in other models. With this feature, the air gets hot quicker. This model comes with an automatic power setting, as well as Low and High heat. You will have the freedom to adjust the temperature anywhere from 50 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit. Given its heating capacity, it is recommended for rooms with size of up to 1,000 square feet. Lastly, it is engineered in the USA, which can make you confident about the top-notch quality that it can deliver.
- Does not Dry Out Air
- Abundant with Safety Features
- Attractive Design
- Comes with an Oscillating Fan
- Improves Air Quality
- Can Create Noise
- Consumes a Lot of Electricity
4. Lasko #100 MyHeat Personal Portable Ceramic Heater Review
Overall Rating: 9/10
If you want a heater that can be used for small spaces, such as inside the car, this will be a great pick. With only 200 watts, this is perfect only for personal use. It has a compact design, making it easy to be carried wherever you want to use it. Its minimal wattage also means that it will be energy efficient. More so, you might also love how it comes with a plastic housing that does not get hot to the touch after some time of being used. Lastly, when the product is received, it is already fully-assembled. There is no need to waste your time dealing with complicated instructions.
- Compact Design
- Quick Heating
- Low Energy Consumption
- Minimal Capacity
- No Thermostat
5. Lasko 6435 Designer Series Ceramic Oscillating Heater with Remote Control Review
Overall Rating: 8.8/10
With two heat settings, you can choose from low or high, depending on the room where it is used or the temperature that is desired. You can also set the timer for up to seven hours in advance. To make sure that the entire room will be heated and not only a single area, it also has an oscillating feature. For your safety, there is an automatic overheating protection. Lastly, it comes with a stylish metal base, which is not only beautiful, but also prevents the unit from tipping, and hence, lessens electrical risks.
- Comes with a Timer
- Has a Decorative Metal Base
- Has a Remote
- Oscillation Feature
- Lacks Power
- No Automatic Shutoff
6. DeLonghi HMP1500 Mica Panel Heater Review
Overall Rating: 8.7/10
With this option for the best space heater, you will enjoy warmer temperature without a noise. It utilizes a revolutionary heating technology that allows it to generate heat without a fan. It comes with a smart flat-panel design, which is also space -efficient since it can be mounted directly on the wall. There are two heat settings – low and high, which has 750 and 1,500 watts, respectively. When it comes to portability, this will also be an excellent choice. There are wheels and a convenient handle, making it easy to move it from one place to another.
- Space Efficient Design
- Has Frost Prevention Mode
- Heats Only the Side
- No Visible Glow
- Emits a Plastic Odor
- Does Not Come with a Remote
7. Vornado MVH Whole Room Vortex Heater Review
Overall Rating: 8.7/10
Do not be fooled by the small size of this space heater. It is compact, yet it does not run short in terms of its heating power. It uses the advanced Vortex heating technology. Instead of heating a specific spot, it heats the air, which is more efficient. The case stays cool, regardless of how long the unit is left turned on. To add, it has the ability to turn off on its own once the maximum temperature is reached. This is a good safety feature, while also excellent in protecting the external components from wear and tear. It is also a good thing that it has protection from tipping.
- Space-efficient Design
- Heats the Entire Room
- Extensive Warranty
- Protection from Tipping
- Flimsy Construction
- Can Produce Noticeable Noise
8. Lasko CD08200 Bathroom Heater Review
Overall Rating: 8.5/10
If you need a heater that can be used specifically for the bathroom, this is one product that you will love. Its small size means that it has basic features, yet it does not fail to demonstrate impressive quality. It is designed with a digital control panel. There is only one heat setting, which is 1,500 watts. Many also loved how it has a cool-touch housing and overheat protection, which is important not only for safety but for prolonging the functional life of the heater’s internal components. Lastly, it also has a bathroom-safe plug.
- Space-saving Design
- Neutral Color
- Operates Quietly
- Comes with a Timer
- Only for Bathroom Use
- No Oscillation
9. Lasko 6462 Full Circle Ceramic Heater with a Remote Control Review
Overall Rating: 8.5/10
While this is quite more expensive compared to most options, this product is worth being considered for the best space heater. It stands tall at a height of 25 inches. It has a wide base to provide stability and prevent tipping. For even distribution of heat, there are three sweep settings, which allows it to warm the room evenly. More so, there are two heat settings – High and Low. Even in the bedroom, this is a nice space heater because it operates quietly. Many also appreciated how user-friendly it is, especially because it comes with a remote control and easy-to-read digital display.
- Has a Digital Display
- Warms the Entire Room
- Operates Quietly
- Comes with a Remote Control
- Stable Base
- Does not Come with a Handle
- Expensive Price
10. Holmes HFH111T-NU Portable Desktop Heater with Comfort Control Thermostat and Cool-Touch Housing Review
Overall Rating: 8.4/10
The simplicity of this space heater is one of the reasons why it landed a spot in our list. It has intuitive controls. There is a simple knob that will allow you to adjust the thermostat and choose the desired heat setting. Aside from low and high heat, there is also an option to use the fan mode, which makes it ideal for the home throughout the year. More so, the cool-touch housing is also a plus, as well as its automatic shutoff feature. There is also protection from tipping, making you confident about your safety.
- Affordable Price
- Intuitive Controls
- Fan Setting
- Stays Cool to the Touch
- Long Power Cord
- Lacks Durability
Essential Factors to Consider
Before you decide on which product will be chosen, be sure to take into account the factors that will be mentioned below:
- Size: The right size will depend on the room where it will be used. For instance, if you need a space heater in the bathroom, a small one will be more than enough. On the other hand, if it will be used in the living room and other big spaces, a bigger unit is the best choice. If you choose a heater with the right size, it will effectively heat up the room within 15 minutes.
- Power Consumption: The higher the wattage is, the more power is consumed. With this, if you want one that is energy-efficient, choose lower wattage. In addition, it will also be good to choose one that comes with a timer so that it can turn off on its own based on the duration that has been specified.
- Safety: Space heaters can be a risk of electrical fire, which is why it is important to pay attention to their safety features. See to it that it has been inspected and certified to be safe. It will also be good if there is automatic shutoff and protection from overheating. Another feature that will also be beneficial is protection from tipping.
- Ease of Use: A good choice for the best space heater is one that is user-friendly. The buttons or controls must be strategically-positioned so that you can have easy access. A digital control panel is also nice so that you can monitor the functions of the unit. You might also love one that comes with wheels and handles, which will be excellent when it comes to portability.
- Heating Efficiency: See to it that it is able to produce the anticipated heat. One thing that will be good is an oscillation feature, which will be vital for the even dispersion of heat in the room. It will also be nice if it comes with different heat settings, allowing you to choose which one is best for your needs.
- Noise: This is especially an important consideration if the heater will be used in the bedroom. Choose a model that is as quiet as possible so that it will not disrupt your sleep. A thick case and a silent fan will be essential to keep the noise down.
- Maintenance: To be sure that the space heater will retain its optimal functionality, it should be well-maintained. Purchase a product that will not require too much effort when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. It will be better if there are fewer moving parts.
When picking the best space heater, make sure to consider different factors that will make it easier to narrow down the possibilities. Their size, portability, heating capacity, energy consumption, ease of use, affordability, and design are just some of the essential considerations. Also, you have to take time to read best space heater reviews and learn from the first-hand experiences of other people. To make things easier, go back to the ten models that we have mentioned above and take your pick.