The importance of indoor air quality is one thing that cannot be discounted. With this, you should invest in high-quality products to provide you with the assurance that the air you breathe is clean and will not be a threat for your health. This is where the importance of the best humidifier enters the picture. The latter is an innovative product that can effectively add humidity or moisture in the air to improve its quality.
In looking for a humidifier, you will most probably be confronted with an abundance of choices. To help you out, keep on reading. Consider consulting with humidifier reviews to help you in the evaluation of the options that are available, and in the end, this is sure to help you make the right decision.
Our Recommendations for the Best Humidifiers
Here are some of the options that deserve to be taken into consideration in your quest towards finding the best in the marketplace.
1. Honeywell UV Germ Free Cool Moisture Humidifier Review
With a germ fighting technology, this is one product that you need to improve the quality of indoor air. It comes with a tank that has a capacity of 1.5 gallons, which is asserted as one of the largest within the product category. When the tank is full and when used in the lowest setting, the humidifier can function continuously for up to 24 hours. This can be used in a room that is as large as 500 square meters. It also has QuietCare Performance, which reduces noise by as much as 25% compared to what you can expect from competing models. You can choose from three speed settings.
- Huge Tank
- Quiet Operation
- Easy to Refill
- Simple to Use
- Expensive Filters
- Can Suck Dust
2. Ecooltronic Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Review
This is an ideal choice for anyone who is looking for a stylish humidifier. It is versatile as it can be used as a nightlight and aromatherapy diffuser as well. The polypropylene and ABS construction is also worth noting, which is the reason why it will surely last long. It comes with a tank that has capacity of 500ml, which can be good for up to 18 hours production of mist. It utilizes the ultrasonic technology, which means that it will operate quietly. It also has automatic shutoff feature, which is important when it comes to safety.
- Stylish Design
- Can be Used for Aromatherapy
- Low Noise Level
- Durable Construction
- Refilling Can Be Tricky
- Regular Maintenance is Required
3. Remedies Ultrasonic Humidifier Review
Three products rolled into one – this is one of the reasons why it is a preferred choice amongst many people. This functions not only as a humidifier, but can also be used as a nightlight and as a diffuser. It is integrated with a tank that has a capacity of 2.8 liters. When it is used as a nightlight, you can change from seven different colors. It can also deliver whisper-quiet operation, making it ideal for the bedroom. The control knob is strategically-positioned, allowing users to easily adjust vapor settings.
- Easily Adjustable Vapor Flow
- Requires Minimal Maintenance
- Compact Size
- Cool Design
- Not as Effective when Used for Aromatherapy
- Not Long Lasting
Among other things, the generous capacity of the tank is one of the best things about this model. It can hold up to 1,500 ml, which will be more than enough to diffuse for up to 16 hours. It comes with a 360-degree nozzle, which will allow you to choose the specific direction of the mist. When the tank is empty, the unit will automatically shut-off on its own. Since it utilizes the ultrasonic technology, you can expect that it is going to function without any noise. Plus, it has a nightlight! This makes it a perfect addition to the bedroom.
- Whisper Quiet Operation
- Huge Tank
- Mist can be Directed
- Durable Construction
- Can be Difficult to Maintain
- Tank is Hard to Open
5. Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier Review
This is another budget-friendly option that does not fail to leave a positive impression amongst its users. It has a tank with 1.5-gallon capacity, which means that there is no need for frequent refilling. Users can choose from two operating speeds. At the lowest setting and when the tank is full, it can be functional for up to 24 hours. It also comes with an automatic shut off function, which lessens the possibility of damaging internal components. Another feature that should be noted is the inclusion of a nightlight, providing soft illumination in the room where it is placed.
- Affordable Price
- Large Tank
- Operates Quietly
- Effective Elimination of Bacteria
- Periodic Cleaning is Required
- Can be Prone to Leaking
6. Urpower 500 ML Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser Review
With the ability to deliver multiple functionalities, you have a good reason to choose this model above its competitors. It is not only a humidifier, but also a diffuser, nightlight, purifier, and ionizer. All of these functions can be enjoyed without having to spend too much. The unit comes with a tank that has a capacity of 500 ml. This is good enough for functionality of up to 10 hours. Once the liquid is empty, the unit will automatically turn off on its own.
- Freedom to Set Mist Time
- Option to Adjust Spray Intensity
- Provides Soft Illumination
- Can Deliver Multiple Functionalities
- Frequent Cleaning is Required
- No Oil Included
7. Seneo Cool Mist Ultrasonic Humidifier Review
Compared to other models that you can find in the market, this is one with the most number of adjustments for mist control. The mist can be set in 24 different speeds. When the highest setting is chosen, it can function continuously for up to 6 hours. It has a tank with capacity of 2.6 liters and it has an output of 380 ml per hour. It also comes with a LED nightlight, which can be changed in seven different colors. It also comes with an automatic shutoff feature.
- High-capacity Tank
- Multiple Speed Settings
- Impressive Output
- Minimal Maintenance Required
- Minimal Operating Time
- No Diffusing Function
8. Essential Essential Wellness Oil Diffuser and Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier Review
The versatility of this model is perhaps one of the reasons why it is regarded as one of the best within the product category. It is not only a humidifier, but it can also be used as nightlight, diffuser, ionizer, and purifier. This makes it able to provide the best value for money. It is equipped with a 300-ml tank, which is good enough for up to 10 hours of continuous operations. When water runs out, there is no need for you to worry as the unit will turn off on its own. It also comes with a timer, allowing you to set it on a specified duration.
- Comes with a Timer
- Made from a Durable Material
- Ultra-Quiet Functionality
- Can Use Tap Water
- Light Can Be Too Bright
- Hard to Clean
9. Homasy Essential Oil Diffuser 500ml Large Capacity Oil Diffuser and Humidifier Review
Simplicity is perhaps the biggest asset of this model. It comes with a single button, which is used to turn it on and off, as well as to change its functions. It only has one mist setting. It comes with a tank that can hold up to 800 ml of water, which will most probably last for up to 10 hours. Based on the specifications from the manufacturer, it can be used for rooms with size of up to 161 square feet. Since it features ultrasonic technology, you will be able to enjoy its whisper-quiet performance.
- Multiple Functionality
- Consistent Vapor Dispersion
- Whisper-Quiet Performance
- Uses Any Type of Water
- Not Equipped with a Timer
- Lacks Clear Instructions for Setup
10. Urpower 2nd Version Essential Oil Diffuser Review
Affordable – this is perhaps the biggest selling point of this humidifier, making it the ideal choice for people who are looking for an entry-level option. Its tank has a capacity of 100 ml, which is equal into a diffusing time of about 6 hours. There are two mist settings – continuous and intermittent. There is also a nightlight, which changes into seven different colors. This can be an excellent choice to add mood in any room. When the tank is empty, the unit will automatically shut-off, which is one feature that can help to prolong its functional life.
- Whisper-quiet Operation
- Affordable Price
- Compact Size
- Easy to Use
- Use Any Type of Water
- Minimal Humidification Area
- Top Part is a Bit Hard to Open
Essential Factors to Consider
In this section, we will discuss some of the most important things that should be taken into account to increase the likelihood of ending up with the right choice.
Types of Humidifier
Generally speaking, the following are some of the options that you will have:
- Tabletop Humidifier: This is the perfect choice for those who are looking for an economical and portable humidifier. It is also lightweight, but it typically has minimal area coverage.
- Console Humidifier: This is a freestanding appliance that you can just leave on the floor. It is known for its wide coverage and huge tank, which means that refilling water will not be frequently needed.
- Warm Mist Humidifier: It releases warm water vapor in the air. For this reason, it is a common choice in households where cold and flu symptoms are common.
- Cool Mist Humidifier: It comes with a spinning disc, which is the one that works to add moisture to any room where it is placed. This can be an excellent choice for children’s room since it does not contain a heating element.
- Ultrasonic Humidifier: The best thing about this type of humidifier is its whisper-quiet performance, which is why it is a common choice for the bedroom or nursery.
- Vaporizer: This is sleek and compact. It is a type of warm mist humidifier that can be perfect for personal use or in a small room.
- Whole House Humidifiers: This is the largest from the types of the humidifiers and is also generally the most effective. As the name implies, it can cover the whole house. This can be a good choice if you have an open space layout at home.
We highly-recommend that you look for a humidifier that is easy to maintain, which means that lesser effort will be required in cleaning and being able to retain its superior quality even through the years. Most of the models in the market can use tap water. This means that it can be prone to mineral buildup. See to it that the humidifier has a wide opening, making it easy to brush the interior.
The size of the tank is important because it can be indicative of how long the humidifier can function continuously. If it is larger, this means that it can hold more water, and hence, it can function for a longer span of time. However, the larger the tank, the more space it will consume. If you are buying a humidifier that is to be used only for a small room, you can be good enough with a small tanks.
By being versatile, this means that the humidifier can be used in more ways than one. There are many that are made solely as a humidifier, but there are also many that can be multifunctional. For instance, there are some that can also function as a nightlight with changing colors. This is the perfect choice for adding ambiance or mood in any room. In addition, there are also some humidifiers that can also function as a purifier, ionizer, and aromatherapy diffuser, among others.
When you talk about versatility, it would also mean that there are different speed settings. This will provide you with the opportunity to choose how it will provide the mist that is needed in the room. In most cases, there is a knob that will allow you to easily adjust speed.
Aesthetics is one thing that should, not be ignored in your search for the best within the product category. An excellent choice for a humidifier is not only one that can deliver exceptional performance, but also one that has good looks. This means that it can even become a decorative piece in any room where it will be used.
- Also Read: Homasy Ultrasonic Humidifier Review
Indeed, it is never easy making a choice for the best humidifier. Anyone who has searched online will most probably agree that things can just be more confusing because of the endless list of products. With this, do not risk the decision that you will be making. Do not be irresponsible in making your pick. At all times, consult with humidifier reviews and make sure to go beyond price. You must be willing to spend more if this means that you will be buying a product that can deliver unrivaled quality and functionality.